Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Hola!

Hola! Te extraño mucho!
I am learning so much spanish...it's great! I can understand pretty much everything that is said to me, and I have gotten a lot better at speaking it as well! Our new teacher at school does a lot of talking with us. It helps a lot.

I am seriously having a blast here. The precious kids make this entire trip worth every second. There are a lot of discomforts here. Just being out of my comfort zone gets pretty tough sometimes. However, when i see the gorgeous smiles on the children's faces, it makes it all so much better.

We are having something like a VBS for the Barrio kids this week. It's been going great! The kids are a little crazy, but they're having so much fun. I love them all so very much.

We have kind of gotten into a routine now. It makes things a little bit easier, and we know what to expect. This weekend, we don't know where we're staying yet. Rough... I know. But we are going to the beach, and traveling with Generation of Light! I can't wait! They are some of my favorite Nicaraguans!

I don't want to leave...ever. There is so much need here. The precious Nicaraguans have definitely stolen my heart.

Okay, a quick story. We had the BEST taxi driver EVER yesterday. We got his name and number to use for the rest of the trip. He didn't speak english, and 6 people in a tiny car was difficult, but SO much fun. He knew that we were squished, so he would purposely stop his car abruptly so i would his my head on the ceiling. Also, he was very sarcastic. Hahaha it made my whole night. We're gonna use him for the rest of the trip for sure!

God is good, amen?! Please continue to pray for our team! Love you all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment